Dopple, Inc. (“Dopple,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) provides a subscription clothing service to allow our customers to curate This website (the “Site”) is operated by Dopple, Inc. (“Dopple”). Throughout the Site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Dopple. Dopple offers its members a personalized, curated shopping experience for children’s clothing, shoes and accessories. We’ll refer to the Site and our services collectively as the “Service.”
If you do not agree to these Terms, then you may not access or use the Service. We may, from time to time, make available new features, products, or tools. Your use of any such features, products or tools will always be subject to the Terms.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND DOPPLE THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 17 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION.
SECTION 1 - CHANGES TO THIS TERMS OR THE SERVICE
We may update the Terms from time to time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the updated Terms on the Site or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Service. If you continue to use the Service after we have posted updated Terms, it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you don’t agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Service anymore. Because our Service is evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Service, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
SECTION 2 - ELIGIBILITY TO USE SERVICE
You may use the Service only if you are: (i) 18 years or older, (ii) capable of forming a binding contract with us, and (iii) are not barred from using the Service under applicable law.
SECTION 3 - HOW TO JOIN THE DOPPLEGANG
Only subscribers to our Service (our “Dopplegang”) receive access to the customized shopping experience via our Service described below. You can sign up for our service at https://www.thedopple.com/quiz by providing us with your contact information, and other information about you and your children that are of 14 years or lesser age (“Kids”).
You can become a member of the Dopplegang (“Member”) by creating an account (“Account”) by following the instructions in the quiz. If you already have an account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook or Google (each, an “SNS Account”), you can create your Account by granting us permission to extract from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS account permit us to access.
Please make sure you provide us with current, complete and accurate information for your Account, and you agree to promptly update your Account information, including your email address and Payment Information (as defined below), so that we can complete your Transactions (as defined in the Subscriptions section below) and contact you as needed. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
SECTION 4 - ACCESS AND USE OF SERVICE
(a) Service Description: Our Service is designed to provide you a delightful, personalized shopping experience for your Kids’ clothing and accessories, curated by our expert stylists and proprietary technology. When you create your Account, we’ll ask you to fill out a quick questionnaire (which you may update for each subscription quarter) about your and your Kids’ shopping needs and preferences including, information about your budget, your Kids’ styles and sizes, and what types of products you want to receive, and charge a non-refundable subscription fee (“Subscription Fee”) using your credit card on file. Based on this information, we will mail you a customized package of clothes, shoes and accessories (collectively, “Outfits”) that our expert stylists create for each of your Kids. You will have seven (7) days after the shipment is delivered to you, to review the selection of items and try them on (“try-on period”). We charge you (after crediting the Subscription Fee for that quarter) for all items not returned in accordance with the Return Policy, below, at the end of the try-on period, although we may bill you earlier in certain circumstances (for example, if you return your shipment before the try-on period is over, if you request us to, if we have reason to believe that the order is fraudulent, if there has been a pattern of credit issues, or if we notify you that we will do so). There are no order minimums or long-term ordering commitments. You may choose to return all your Outfits (in which case your Subscription Fee will neither be credited against anything, nor refunded), or return some of your Outfits and keep the rest (in which case your Subscription Fee will be applied towards your purchase of the Outfits that you decided to keep). You may suspend your membership at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. To protect you and Dopple from fraud, Dopple may contact you from time to time to verify your identity prior to sending you a shipment. You may be asked to provide basic information about yourself to verify your Account, and Dopple may only send you a shipment upon confirmation of your identity.
(b) Right to Refuse Service: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. We also reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit our Service to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction, and we may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
(c) Return Policy; Shipping: You may return any item from a particular shipment you receive through the Service (in accordance with the instructions below and those provided with such shipment) within seven (7) days after it is delivered. For free returns, any items to be returned must be so returned using the pre-paid return label and box provided by Dopple, and items must be unused, unworn (other than tried-on), in their original condition, and include all original tags and packaging. Shipping is not available to all locations. You will not be charged fees for shipping or return shipping, except in special circumstances (where we will give you advance notice). All items you receive through the Service will be shipped by a third-party carrier.
SECTION 5 - SUBSCRIPTIONS
Members of our Service are enrolled in a quarterly subscription (“Subscription”). Each quarter, we will notify you, in advance, of you upcoming Subscription, and provide you an opportunity to update your responses to the questionnaire. You will be automatically charged the Subscription Fee. When your shipment arrives, if you purchase any items, your Subscription Fee will be credited towards your purchase.
You expressly authorize us (or our third-party payment processor) to charge you each quarter, for the Subscription Fee incurred while your Subscription is active, and each payment you make for items in your shipment that are not returned by the end of the try-on period (plus any applicable taxes) (each a “Transaction”). We may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your Transaction, including your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card and your email and postal addresses for billing and notification (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When you initiate a Transaction, you authorize us to provide your Payment Information to third parties so we can complete your Transaction and to charge your payment method for the type of Transaction you have selected (plus any applicable taxes and other charges). You may need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information). By initiating a Transaction, you agree to the pricing, payment and billing policies applicable to such fees and charges, as posted or otherwise communicated to you. All payments for Transactions are non-refundable and non-transferable except as expressly provided in these Terms. All fees and applicable taxes, if any, are payable in United States dollars.
BY PURCHASING A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU AUTHORIZE US TO INITIATE RECURRING NON-REFUNDABLE PAYMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW. If you are a Member, we (or our third-party payment processor) will automatically charge you the Subscription Fee at the beginning of your Subscription and each quarter thereafter, at the then-current rate of Subscription Fee using the Payment Information you have provided, until you cancel your Subscription. We will send you a reminder at least seven (7) days prior to each renewal with the then-current Subscription Fee. If you request us in writing, we may, at our discretion, allow you to put your Subscription on hold and skip a shipment during a quarter or some other time requested by you, in which case, we will not charge you the Subscription Fee for such time. By agreeing to these Terms and electing to purchase a Subscription, you acknowledge that your Subscription has recurring payment features and you accept responsibility for all recurring payment obligations prior to cancellation of your Subscription by you. Your Subscription continues until cancelled by you or we terminate your access to or use of the Service or Subscription in accordance with these Terms.
If something unexpected happens in the course of completing a Transaction, we reserve the right to cancel your Transaction for any reason; if we cancel your Transaction, we’ll refund any payment you have already remitted to us for such Transaction. You may cancel your Subscription at any time, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org; but please note that such cancellation will be effective only for future shipments. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND OF ANY PORTION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE PAID FOR THE THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AT THE TIME OF CANCELLATION. You will be responsible for all Subscription Fees (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) incurred for the then-current quarter. If you cancel, your Subscription will continue until the end of the quarter and will then terminate without further charges.
SECTION 6 - FEEDBACK
If you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ”Feedback”), you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to edit, copy, create derivative works based on, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any Feedback for any purpose. We are under no obligation to (1) maintain Feedback in confidence; (2) compensate you for Feedback; or (3) to respond to Feedback.
SECTION 7 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 8 - CONTENT OWNERSHIP, RESPONSIBILITY AND REMOVAL
(a) Definitions: For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Service and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Members (including you) provide to be made available through the Service. Content includes without limitation User Content.
(b) Our Content Ownership: Dopple does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, Dopple and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Service and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Service and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Service or Content. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Dopple grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download, view, copy, display and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Service and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
(c) Your User Content: By making any User Content available through the Service you hereby grant to Dopple a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Service and Content to you and to other Dopplegang Members. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms, and neither your User Content, nor any use of your User Content by Dopple on or through the Service will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
(d) Removal of User Content: You can remove your User Content by specifically deleting it. You should know that in certain instances, some of your User Content (such as posts or comments you make) may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Service. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
SECTION 9 - GENERAL PROHIBITIONS
You agree not to do any of the following:
(a) Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any User Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; or (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
(b) Use, display, mirror or frame the Service or any individual element within the Service, Dopple’s name, any Dopple trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Dopple’s express written consent;
(c) Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Dopple’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Dopple’s providers;
(d) Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Dopple system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
(e) Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Dopple or any of Dopple’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Service or Content;
(f) Attempt to access or search the Service or download content from the Service using any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Dopple other generally available third-party web browsers;
(g) Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
(h) Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Dopple trademark, logo URL or product name without Dopple’s express written consent;
(i) Use the Service or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
(j) Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Service or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
(k) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service or Content;
(l) Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service;
(m) Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
(n) Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
(o) Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
We are not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Service or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Service, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any content, including User Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider it objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Service. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
SECTION 10 - COPYRIGHT POLICY
Dopple respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Dopple’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders.
SECTION 11 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Service may include links to third-party websites or other resources. We provide access only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party resources.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites or services. Please review carefully the third party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction with such third parties.
SECTION 12 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE, CONTENT AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS,’ WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WHILE WE TRY TO SEND YOU OUTFITS THAT MATCH THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE IN RESPONSE TO OUR QUESTIONNAIRE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT ALL OR ANY OF YOUR DEMANDS WILL BE MET, OR YOUR COMMENTS OR INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE FOLLOWED. WE CREATE A PACKAGE THAT WE FEEL WILL GENERALLY WORK FOR YOU; BUT IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK EACH ITEM IN THE SHIPMENT, SATISFY YOURSELF ABOUT ITS QUALITY AND THE MATERIALS USED, AND ENSURE THAT YOUR NEEDS ARE MET. We make no warranty that the Service will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content or product that we ship. Please note that if any product delivered to you via the Service contains a warranty from its manufacturer, then such warranty is from the manufacturer of the product and not us, and we will not be responsible for any fulfillment of such warranty.
SECTION 13 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO CASE WILL DOPPLE, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT DOPPLE OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO CASE WILL DOPPLE’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO DOPPLE FOR USE OF THE SERVICE OR TEN DOLLARS ($10), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO DOPPLE, AS APPLICABLE.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN DOPPLE AND YOU.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dopple and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from and against any claim, demand, dispute, damages, liabilities, losses, or costs or expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or the documents they incorporate by reference, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, your User Content, or your access to or use of the Service.
SECTION 15 - TERMINATION
You may cancel your Account at any time by notifying us at email@example.com. We may cancel your Account, or terminate your access to and use of the Service, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you.
Upon any termination, discontinuation, or cancellation of the Service or your Account, any obligations and liabilities incurred by you or Dopple prior to the termination date, and the following provisions, will survive 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19.
SECTION 16 - GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM CHOICE
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 17 “Dispute Resolution,” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and Dopple are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California, and you and Dopple each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
SECTION 17 - DISPUTE RESOLUTION
(a) Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes: We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Service (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Dopple agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and Dopple are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms.
(b) Exceptions and Opt-out: As limited exceptions to Section 17(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
(c) Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules: The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
(d) Arbitration Costs: Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration, we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
(e) Injunctive and Declaratory Relief: Except as provided in Section 17(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
(f) Class Action Waiver: YOU AND DOPPLE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person's claims with your claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
SECTION 18 - SEVERABILITY
With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 17(f) of these Terms ("Class Action Waiver"), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
SECTION 19 - GENERAL TERMS
(a) Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Dopple and you regarding the Service, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Dopple and you regarding the Service. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Dopple’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Dopple may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
(b) Notices: Any notices or other communications provided by Dopple under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Service. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
(c) Waiver of Rights: Dopple’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Dopple. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 1 - SCOPE
SECTION 2 - PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us Directly. We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
• Account Creation: We may collect information when you create an account or place an order with us, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
• Style Quiz: When you complete the style quiz, we may collect information such as your email address, and information about your child including your child’s date of birth, gender, and name in order to customize our Services.
• Your Communications with Us: We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
• Surveys: We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
• Interactive Features: We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., commenting functionalities, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please exercise caution before revealing any information that may identify you in the real world to other users.
• Sweepstakes or Contests: We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
• Business Development and Strategic Partnerships: We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
• Job Applications: We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
(b) Information Collected Automatically. We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services
• Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
• Location Information: We may collect precise location information, such as [Insert example] when you visit our website, or otherwise use our Services.
• Cookies: Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
• Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
• Operationally Necessary: This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
• Performance-Related: We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below);
• Functionality-Related: We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
• Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. Some of our analytics partners include:
(c) Information Collected from Other Sources We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings. We may also collect your name and email address from other users if they send you a gift through our Services.
SECTION 3 - HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
(a) Provide Our Services. We use your information to fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
• Managing your information and accounts;
• Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
• Answering requests for customer or technical support;
• Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
• Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
• Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
• Allowing you to register for events.
(b) Administrative Purposes. We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
• Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention and debt collection;
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
• Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
• Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
• Developing new products and Services;
• Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
• Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
• Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
• Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
• Complying with our legal obligations.
(c) Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services. We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
(d) Other Purposes. We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
• Consent: We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
• De-identified and Aggregated Information: We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
• Share Content with Friends: Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend neighbor, or co-worker).
SECTION 4 - HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
(a) Disclosures to Provide our Services. The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below.
• Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, debt collection services, customer service, and related services.
• Business Partners: We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
• Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our company affiliates.
• Other Users/Website Visitors: As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share your User Content with other Users/publicly, including to those who do not use our Services.
• APIs/SDKs: We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
(b) Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
(c) Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
SECTION 5 - YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
• Text Messages: You may opt out of receiving text messages from us or our debt collection service providers by following the instructions in the text message you have received or by otherwise contacting us.
• Mobile Devices: We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information via our mobile application. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
• “Do Not Track”: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
• Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others.
• The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
• Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
• Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
• Request Deletion of your personal information;
• Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information; and
• Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us”below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
SECTION 7 - INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
SECTION 8 - RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 9 - SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information Dopple has collected about them and whether Dopple disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below regarding the categories of personal information that may be collected by Dopple, and the categories of third-party information it is disclosed to for a business purpose:
• Identifiers, such as a real name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners, service providers, or other users/public (name, online identifier)
• Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a name, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners, service providers, or other users/public (name)
• Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions). This category may be disclosed to service providers.
• Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners and service providers.
• Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners and service providers.
• Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners and service providers.
• Professional or employment-related information (job applicants only), such as current or past job history or performance evaluations. This category may be disclosed to service providers.
• Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer, such as a profile reflecting a consumer's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes. This category may be disclosed to advertising partners and service providers.
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information and our business and commercial purposes for using personal information are set forth in “Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Personal Information” above, respectively.
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA
California residents have the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “sale” is defined broadly and includes the transfer of personal information by a business to a third party for valuable consideration (even if there is no exchange of money).
Dopple may “sell” personal information to advertising partners. The categories of personal information we may have “sold” in the preceding twelve months are listed below:
• Identifiers, such as a real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
• Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a name.
• Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
• Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements.
• Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer, such as a profile reflecting a consumer's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
Dopple’s business and commercial purposes for “selling” personal information can be found in “How We Use Your Personal Information” above. Dopple does not have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Opt-out of “Sales.” California residents may opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below and provide written authorization signed by you and your designated agent.
Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take steps the following steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include asking you to answer questions regarding your account and use of our Services.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Referral Programs. As described above in “How We Use Your Personal Information” (“Share Content with Friends”), we may offer referral programs. We may offer incentives to you such as discounts or promotional credit in connection with these programs, wherein you provide personal information regarding your friends (such as their email address) and receive rewards when they sign up to use our Services. (The referred party may also receive rewards for signing up via your referral.) These referral programs are entirely voluntary and allow us to grow our business and provide additional benefits to you. The value of the referred party’s data to us depends on whether the referred party ultimately becomes a Member and uses our Services. Said value will be reflected in the incentive offered for each referral.
California Shine the Light. The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties.
SECTION 10 - SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
SECTION 11 - CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent, or you wish to review information you have provided to us about your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
SECTION 12 - OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or Brazil, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
SECTION 13 - CONTACT US
470 University Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94022